Please visit the BayLibre Product Page for more Informations about the ACME capes and probes : http://baylibre.com/acme
GitHub Project page : https://github.com/baylibre-acme
This project is to provide a reproductible, maintainable and functional Beaglebone Black images for the BayLibre ACME Cape using IIO as backend for Measurement transmission over network.
This image is targeted to be used using the following utilities :
- PulseView or sigrok-cli using our specially crafted libsigrok with IIO support (https://github.com/baylibre-acme/libsigrok)
- iio-capture to capture samples or min/max/avg on a sampling time (https://github.com/BayLibre/iio-capture)
- Eventually any IIO enabled tools like "IIO Oscilloscope", see https://wiki.analog.com/software/linux/docs/iio/iio#pointers
- acme-cli the new ACME control utility (https://github.com/baylibre-acme/acme-cli)
Warning: This image is not compatible with the initial sigrok based release you can find at :
- http://wiki.baylibre.com/doku.php?id=acme:start The current baylibre-acme sigrok upstream driver will only work on this previous image release.
Warning : This release is still in beta phase, some extended testing must be achieved
- Initial Beta Release : acme-beaglebone-black_b1
Warning : Re-building is not the recommended way to use the ACME probes with the BeagleBone black, such instructions are given to give liberty to reports bugs or eventually personalize the system if needed
Simply copy the image file onto the microSD Card, under Linux run :
$ xzcat acme-beaglebone-black_b1-sdcard-image.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M
Insert the microSD Card into the BeagleBone Black slot, (optionally) connect an Ethernet cable to a DHCP backed LAN network and power it through USB. When the LEDs blinks as an heartbeat, the system is up and running.
Using a system on the same local LAN network with Avahi or Bonjour installed, test the system connectivity by pinging the ACME board :
$ ping baylibre-acme.local
An USB Gadget interface with Network and Console links has been added along other personalization features.
Please refer at : https://github.com/baylibre-acme/ACME#experimental-features
CLI Usage Instructions
The experimental Network CLI is available at https://github.com/baylibre-acme/acme-cli
The pyacmed server is provided in the latest ACME Yocto based images and works with this CLI software.
Sigrok / PulseView Instructions
See https://github.com/baylibre-acme/libsigrok to install and use libsigrok with IIO on your system.
See https://github.com/BayLibre/iio-capture to install and use the iio-caputure tool with the ACME probes.
Bugs & Support
Please use the ACME project page to report any issues (https://github.com/baylibre-acme/ACME/issues)